CANADIAN TRACK DATABASE FEATURE ARTICLES GHOST SPEEDWAYS PHOTOS
Share
Canadian Race Track Database

Connor Circuit

St. Eugene, ON

Status
Closed

Years in Operation: 1954?-1963

Name History:
AKA Connor Airfield, St. Eugene

Track Configurations:
1.63 miles (1954?-1958)
1.3 mile paved road course (1959-1963)

Notes:
  • Originally built as an airfield for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan in World War II
  • Property was owned by Doug Connor
  • Track configuration changed in 1959 to 1.3 miles
  • Some sections were repaved for the 1959 season
  • Ed Purdy was killed on June 15, 1959 due to a roll-over
  • Events were organized by the Laurentian Autosport Club, Norm Namerow and the Montreal MG Car Club
  • Hosted one event for the Canadian National Sports Car Championship on September 15, 1963 - won by Grant Clark
  • The track surface was detiorating in the last few years
  • Closed when Circuit Mont-Tremblant opened in 1964